Since our founding in 1955, we have earned a reputation as one of the most successful personal injury law firms in the country, handling nationwide prescription drug litigation against multi-billion dollar corporations, and winning more than three billion dollars in total jury verdicts and settlements.
We are the founder of Mass Torts Made Perfect, which is a national seminar attended by approximately 600 lawyers twice per year where we help teach the successful discovery and trial techniques in national litigation against drug and device companies. In litigation such as this, federal judges often select a few attorneys to lead the pre-trial litigation for all those injured throughout the nation who have filed a federal lawsuit. To date, federal judges have selected our attorneys more than 35 times to serve in this capacity.
In recognition of our achievements, our attorneys have been featured in numerous national news programs and magazines such as CNN, Fox, ABC, CBS, NBC, The Wall Street Journal, Time magazine, George magazine, Forbes magazine, US magazine, American Lawyer and The National Law Journal. Similarly, one or more of our attorneys are listed in Best Lawyers in America, SuperLawyers and the National Trial Lawyers Association Hall of Fame.
A Sample of Levin Papantonio Attorney Accomplishments
- American Association for Justice–Board of Governors
- Best Lawyers in America
- Best Lawyers, Lawyer of the Year
- Florida Justice Association–Board of Directors
- Florida Justice Association–Lifetime Achievement Award
- Florida Justice Association–Perry Nichols Award (highest honor awarded)
- Florida Justice Association–President
- Florida Trend Legal Elite
- Inner Circle of Advocates (limited to 100 of the nation’s top trial lawyers)
- Martindale-Hubbell–Preeminent Woman Lawyer
- National Law Journal—Top Ten Litigator
- National Trial Lawyers Association–Hall of Fame
- National Trial Lawyers Association–President
- National Trial Lawyers Association—President, Top 40 Under 40
- National Trial Lawyers Association—President, Women’s Caucus
- National Trial Lawyers Association–Top 100 Florida Lawyers
- Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association–President
- Public Justice Association–Trial Lawyer of the Year Finalist
A Sample of Levin Papantonio
During the past 30 years, we have received more than 100 jury verdicts throughout the country in the amount of $1 million or more, and have achieved verdicts and settlements in excess of $3 billion.
- $1 Billion in Go-Kart Fire Case
- $480 Million in Single-Engine Airplane Collision
- $380 Million in Environmental Pollution Case
- $42 Million in Defective Drug Case
- $42 Million in Fraud Case
- $31 Million in Medical Malpractice Case
- $29 Million in Tobacco Smoker Case
- $25 Million in Defective Drug Case
- $25 Million in Brain Injury Case
- $21 Million in Discrimination Case
- $18 Million in Train Derailment
- $13 Million in Automobile Collision
- $12 Million in Brain Injury Case
- $11.5 Million in Dental Malpractice Case
- $10 Million in Asbestos Case
- $10 Million in Breach of Contract Case
- $8 Million in DRAM Shop Case
- $7.25 Million in Defective Exercise Equipment Case
- $4.8 Million in Trucking Accident
- $4.3 Million in Electrocution Case
- $3.8 Million in Railroad Crossing Collision
- $3.6 Million in Negligent Publication of Toll Free Number
- $3.5 Million in Defective Tire Case
- $3.3 Million in Defective Yamaha UTV Case
- $3.25 Million in Privacy Invasion Case
- $3.2 Million in Defective Dump Truck Case
- $2.6 Million in Natural Gas Flash Fire Case
- $2.4 Million in Mismatched Boat Engine Case
- $2.2 Million in Negligent Sale of Ammunition
- $2 Million in Toxic Waste Case
- $1.8 Million against Federal Government for Negligence
- $1.5 Million in Rape Case
- $1.5 Million against State Government for Negligence
- $1.4 Million in Slip and Fall
- $1.2 Million in Forklift Accident
- $1.2 Million in Bus Accident
- $1 Million against County Government for Negligence
A Sample of What Others Say About Levin Papantonio
“The purpose of my letter is to advise you of the extreme satisfaction I have with your firm in the handling of my accident case. . . . I just cannot espouse the accolades I have . . . . Handled my case in a totally professional manner seeking every avenue to obtain maximum benefit for me . . . Caring and concerned attitude . . . Would keep me abreast of any happenings in my case. I cannot be more appreciative. It was not a large case.” Ron W., LT., USN (Retired)
“You gave me advice and direction at a time when I was completely lost, totally stressed, and very nervous. I truly appreciate the help you offered. Your calls made a big difference in helping me navigate through this crummy situation and helped calm me as well.” Joe R.
“Throughout the time Virginia Buchanan has helped me, she has also shown herself to be a good and conscientious person … rather than just a good attorney. She has responded quickly to my emails and phone calls, taken her time to answer my questions fully, and demonstrated her sincere concern for me and my son as people rather than just clients.” Shirley G.
“Levin did me right. My injury case was small. So small that other lawyers would of walked away from it. . . . I am happy to say that they are the best I have ever seen.” Zachary B.
“Great law firm. I have a wonderful attorney who is working diligently for me.” Maggie G.
“We are so thankful to Virginia Buchanan for the countless hours of time and her dedication to us during this ordeal. She has a heart of gold and her integrity sets her apart. . . . At a time when nothing seemed certain, Virginia provided me a caring ear and encouragement which was critical to my well-being and emotional wellness. She brings her whole heart with her and makes you feel as though your’re the reason she woke up that day.” Charmaine R.
*For Florida Bar disclaimers regarding the posting of testimonials and prior results, click here.